Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The attack of the Spooky Pumpkin.....


Yet another festive post right after the last one about Diwali! Though, given how my idea of relaxing is curling into the sofa with a really gory horror movie, this one I was far, far more enthusiastic about!

And after watching loads of pictures of people going pumpkin picking, this year I wanted to do some of my own! So got the name of a nearby "pick your own" farm from the boys' play-school and went pumpkin hunting one weekend....


After spending a considerable time looking, and ending up squashing some not so fortunate ones, we finally came back with one that looked perfect!

So come Halloween, decided to take out almost every type of knife I had in the kitchen, and start the carving!

The knives are out!
After a brief struggle, the top of the pumpkin comes off!
Note to self: Need sharper knives next yr! This was surprisingly harder than it looks!


Now to scoop out the intestines..... oops! I mean the insides.....



Holy Mother of God!! This is beginning to look more funny than spooky! OMG! Need to give it an evil clown twist !



Hang on, maybe I can try give it an evil clown kind of twist....
And Viola!


Yep! Does look spooky in a 'cute clown turns sinister in seconds' kind of way!!! And more so at night....



And this is how it looked from outside to all the 'Trick or Treat'ers....


As you can see, am having a hard time stopping myself from admiring my own handiwork and artistic talents ;-)
Given how good this turned out for a first attempt, have decided that next yr I shall get a much larger one and then attempt a really elaborate spooky killer pumpkin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment