Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Just another manic Monday..


Today was one of those Mondays when nothing goes right…..
First stop, the moment of truth, i.e. the weighing scales. Discovered I have put on a kilo over the weekend. Yep, One @#$%ing kilogram!!! After all the walking, the minimal carbs, the constant denying oneself and the behaving on the whole like a saint; not only have I not lost a milligram, I have actually gained a thousand grams instead!!! Have to stop here to pull my hair out while simultaneously stomp on the scales in anger screaming “How, how, how???”!!! Seems like even the oxygen I breathe gets converted into adipose these days!!

After some deep breathing to calm myself down I indulge in some soul searching and grudgingly recall that teeny tiny bit of mayo  I had with the grilled asparagus at the party on Saturday at my friend’s place. Okay, so it wasn’t really teeny tiny; it was the first mayo I had seen in a year, so I literally pounced on it like it was my last mayo on earth. And yes, there were those few glasses of wine that went with the mayo. And then there was the heavenly vindaloo and the meat pie…  And yesterday when I was giving some chocolate to my boys, I did pop in 2 cubes when I thought no one was looking. And then there was the biryani I made for lunch………..
Oh dang it!! Why can’t a girl eat what she wants over the weekend without having it come back to haunt her  Monday morning???

Even before I could deal with the shock, there was V1 outside my loo door, going on and on in this high pitched voice that combined his standard crying, whining, screaming, all rolled into one. These days anything and everything makes him break into this crying + screaming + whining.
For instance,
“You need to eat your vegetables” = crying + screaming + whining
“I shall not buy you a jeep unless you eat your food without crying” = crying + screaming + whining
“No you cannot snatch your brother’s toys” = crying + screaming + whining
Anything else I say that he dislikes = crying + screaming + whining

And as if the crying + screaming + whining aren’t enough, the second he hears a No from me, he marches off to look for his Daddy so he can complain about how badly I am treating him! Each night I go to bed telling myself I shall be grateful for what I have and I shall always be positive and think happy thoughts; but ten minutes of dealing with his tantrums; and poof! All my positive thoughts become as elusive as the sunny, summer days in grey and cold London!

I sometimes suspect the boys have some sort of arrangement between themselves to test my limits!!! And also to maintain some sort of balance, some equilibrium in our Universe. The minute one starts behaving like an angel, the other switches allegiances and goes off to the darker side.  By the time I have worked out how to deal with their moods, they switch personalities; the angelic one dons the mantle of a problem child and vice versa and off we go on another not-so-merry go round again!
                                                                       
So today, wondering if there would ever come a day when instead of these high and lows we would have a few moments of boredom that comes with plain sailing, I went for my walk. Except today I didn’t even feel like walking. Somehow between the music on my phone and all the inspirational quotes I remembered,  I managed to push myself into doing my customary 3 rounds of the park plus an extra one as my speed was that of a sloth today!

And since, even the walk didn’t seem to release the required endorphins to cheer me up, I decided to hunt out some old pictures I had taken and create a series of posts on flowers (Did I just hear a groan there?).

This one is going to be slightly different (yeah right!!! how different can one flower look from another, my hubby will ask here); it will be on that one hobby that I find really therapeutic - arranging flowers and having fresh blooms around. I had done a post some time back with this very intention and then it slipped my mind. Still better to be late than never and so we kick off the series with some roses. Normally roses aren't my favourite flowers but this really colourful bunch looked stunning. Plus it was a gift from the hubby.
So, without further ado, here are the pictures.


Needless to say, just looking at these gorgeous colours was enough to drive out any visage of  greyness in my mood. And suddenly sitting there, looking at these pictures; my Manic Monday didn't seem so manic after all…



"She was a girl who knew how to be happy even when she was sad. And that's important you know" ~ Marilyn Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment