Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Winter's Tale...



I had completely, completely forgotten about this one!

Then yesterday I went for a long, long walk with my camera - to my neighbour's garden and to the park and then I aimlessly walked around for a couple of hours shooting flowers and every possible sign of spring that I could see anywhere. I did raise a few eyebrows and got the odd, amused smile while lying prone on the grass, shooting crocuses and daffodils, but I figured what is one more eccentric woman in a land filled with eccentric people!! 

And then as I came home and was going through my catch (or should I say clicks) of the day, I realised that I need to post the pictures of snow before the winter, which seems to be on its way out, fades totally and spring sets in!!! Ideally, I should have done this winter post even before spring seeped in but better do it now that do it in the peak of summer! 

I always had this desire to see a white Christmas so when we lived in India, every year I would tell Vj we should plan a trip to Himachal for Christmas and see snowfall. But Vj is not very amenable to even the slightest drop in temperature so we never did get the white Christmas.

So I had been waiting for snow ever since we moved to London. I hoped for snow. I wished for snow. And I spoke about how much I hoped and wished for snow with anyone who would listen - my neighbour, handymen, cabbies; anyone who wasn't quick enough to beat a hasty retreat when I began my ramblings.

When we made our yearly trip to India this Christmas, I was a bit disappointed as the white Christmas didn't take shape again! But everyone assured me that January and February are the worst months so if it had to snow this yr, I would most definitely catch it when I was back in January. 

And I did! One fine evening, suddenly Vj came back from office and said the magic words, "it's snowing outside". And in a flash we had our jackets and boots on, got the brats dressed and went out to catch and taste the snowflakes. After the boys went to bed, Vj and I went for a long walk in the falling snow. It was freezing, there was not one person in sight and my Uggs kept making a horrible crunching noise with each step I took but the little flakes of snow, settling on my coat and my hair, lighter than feather, the landscape turning white and glowing as the snow formed a giant reflective surface, made it one of the most romantic moments of my life.

And then the next morning, while the brats went berserk eating the snow and getting into a snow fight, I went berserk shooting with my Nikon D90. 

So here are a few pictures that I shot 




Quote : B. Cybrill
Quote : Charles G. Stater
Quote : George R. R. Martin, A game of Thrones



No comments:

Post a Comment