“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.”
~ Cheshire cat, Alice in Wonderland.
Can think of no better way to sum up how I feel, typing out my very first post.
The good part is that I have finally managed to overcome chronic & possibly genetic indolence (I am a Bong and a Palit after all!) and self doubt to stick my toe out & place it on the road I should have been walking (I leave the running to the marathoner husband of mine!) on aeons back.
However, am still fence sitting on what I want my posts to be about, which is ironic given how much time an obsessive planner like me spends on planning holidays, entertaining, weight loss et al-with excel sheets, time tables and color codings!!
So have decided that since I really don't know where I want this to go; much like the state of my life in general and since what I seek is the joy of self expression, will forget the goal and focus on the journey that's Life.
Thus this shall be a chronicle of the mundane and not so mundane aspects of my existence, of its highs and lows & of things, of matters and people who matter to me ..... Sounds terribly conceited & pompous, doesn't it?? But then, am I the only self absorbed ranter out there, who thinks the world cant get enough of his/ her two bit opinion??? Of course not; show me any blogger, I will show you a narcissist! :)
Anyways, to cut a long story short, I envisage this as a compilation of rantings of a self absorbed, opinionated, sleep deprived person, attempting to make sense of a chaotic life with 2 little babies, each of whom can put the Energiser bunny to shame. Which is why decided to name it 'Rainbows & Cloud bursts', both of which are, metaphorically, now a regular fixture in my everyday life! (you didn't by any chance think this was an ode to the Singapore weather, did you?)
Finally with a big Thank you to all my friends whose constant encouragement has finally been the tipping point in making me embark on this journey, I end my very first post!
For in the end, lies a new beginning!!! Terribly corny but what the hell! :)
Hi Bordi:
ReplyDeleteI am delighted that you decided to start your very own blog. Very well written in a true Moushumi style. Love it.
Hats off to a great beginning and looking forward to many great tales
A very warm welcome! Loved the 'first step'... In particular, liked the following paragraph a lottttt :)
ReplyDelete""So have decided that since I really don't know where I want this to go; much like the state of my life in general and since what I seek is the joy of self expression, will forget the goal and focus on the journey that's Life.""
Hi :)
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, Congratulations on your first 2 posts :)
I think u got as close as it can get to a perfect start. Honestly, i thought u couldnt have begun on a better note with better posts. But i believe your best is yet to come and we all are looking forward to being part of this exciting journey which u have just begun. We all are with u in it :)
Will be following ur posts closely and Wish You All The Very Best :)
Jar.
I'm so glad you have started this..you have a style of writing that is such a joy to read. You manage to bring a lump to my throat one minute and leave me in splits..the next!!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to being with you as you take the next step...
I'm so looking forward to reading your blog. I think you have a wonderful way with words. If your status updates on fb are anything to go by, this is going to be one helluva blog! Attagirl mo!
ReplyDeleteYE!!! Welcome to blogging Moushumi! It is a journey like none other :) Strap on your seat belts- this is gonna be one hell of a ride :)
ReplyDeleteFinally!!!someone deigns to listen!! So, how does doing what you were born to do feel like?
ReplyDeleteCongrats and you know how happy/ proud I am! Needless to say, this will be the first/ only blog I will follow:)
nicety nice Mo...i have read the 1st one ( which BTW is very well written...but then you are a bong after all :) ) and can;t wait to jump into the next 4 ones...feel like i am reading one chapter after another ...sigh, i guess now you can feel the way J.K.Rowling and all those great authors feel...rock on girl
ReplyDelete